Smartknit® AFO socks are seamless socks designed and sized specifically for use with Ankle-Foot Othoses (AFO’s).
AFO socks are designed to enhance the success of orthoses use, by creating a healthy and comfortable foot environment. 100% seamfree design means they do not rub or leave marks on feet and legs, a result often seen from traditional socks.
These socks are form fitting, so they hug every contour of the foot and leg to allow for individual shapes and sizes. Anti bacterial fibres reduce odour causing bacteria and the moisture wicking material helps avoid the awful wet sweaty sock that can often be the result of traditional socks being used inside AFO’s!
Why use Smartknit AFO Socks?
- 100% seamless to eliminate pressure points created by traditional socks
- 'No heel' design helps achieve maximum comfort meaning best fit to legs and feet
- Minimal wrinkling and bunching up as socks hug around feet like a second skin
- Moisture wicking material help prevent skin irritation for dryer healthier feet
- Close fitting specialist design ensures an ideal fit for AFO and splint wearers
- Anti-Bacterial Silver fibres in the fabric help reduce odour causing bacteria
Please use the size chart when ordering as a good fit is important to ensure maximum benefit from these amazing socks.
Machine Wash up to 40°C
Tumble Dry Low Heat
92.3% Polyester 5% X-Static (Silver Fibres) 2.7% Lycra
Smartkit socks are unique as they don't have a heel. The sock is like a long stretchy tube so that they mould around the contours of the foot and leg.
Measure your child's leg from the tip of the toe right up until the top of the AFO. Then please choose according to the lengths below.
||Approx UK Shoe Size Up To
||Up to size 1
||Up to size 4
If you have any queries on sizeing then please contact our customer services team on 01434 634 457